Thursday, December 19, 2013

Karate



Oh my, how time flies.  I feel terrible that I have fallen so behind with all my posts and there is so much to share.  I am pounding this out fast because I found it hilarious and, well, I don't think anyone here in sunny El Salvador will get the joke.
To start, I signed Juani up for karate classes.  Free, 1 hour classes 3 times a week.  I always liked the discipline that karate instills and I think it works well towards building self esteem, a good tool for a young guy to have when he has to battle peer pressure.
So today was the last day of the free classes and they had this whole big presentation, given by all the kids that had participated in the various programs offered.  So as Juanito's class is showing off the moves they learned they decided to play some music.





The irony slayed me as I watched the kids demonstrating their newly found discipline to one of the worlds best known anarchy anthems.

1 comment:

MEl said...

That is HILARIOUS! By the way, I made it to El Salvador and I love it! I spent some time in San Salvador, Juayua and no Suchitoto - El Tunco is next. Thank you for giving me the courage to travel here!! Some of my photos are on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/InternationalMel if you are interested. Thank you so much again and I hope you're well!